Your broswer appears to be running in Compatibility View. Please disable it for this website.
To disable Compatibility View, click the Compatibility View button beside the Address Bar, as highlighted by the yellow arrow in the above image.
2021-64 - Network Administrator (Full Time)
2021-64 - Network Administrator (Full Time)
|Title:||Network Administrator (Full Time)|
|Duties:||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation with the Information Technology Department through reliable performance in network administration related functions, observing and complying with municipal policies and ensuring the safety and security of confidential material/matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
The incumbent in this class will be responsible for all facets of network administration, including network equipment installation, maintenance and upgrades, patch management, log file review and investigations. The incumbent must have a sound knowledge of network security, hardware and software; how to setup and program network switches, routers, firewalls and other networking equipment; studying new innovations in network administration techniques, keeping informed of advances of technology and equipment; assisting in networking infrastructure improvements and in the design of new systems.
The incumbent will also be responsible for performing a wide range of associated functions and providing assistance to other functions of the municipal operation as directed by the Deputy Manager of Information Technology and Communications. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Deputy Manager of Information Technology.
The incumbent in this class will normally work the standard work week of Monday to Friday within the hours specified and at least one day a week outside of standard working hours. The incumbent will be required to respond to frequent shift changes on short notice and overtime, as assigned, when required. Employees will be required to travel in the performance of duties, the incumbent, upon hiring; will have union dues deducted from source in accordance with the Collective Agreement. The incumbent will be responsible for performing tasks associated with "housekeeping" duties.
|Education:||- Must have a diploma in information systems or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institute plus a minimum of 4 years related experience;|
|Skills:||- Familiarity with the basics of computing science including computer architecture, databases, file structures, networking and data backup procedures.
- Able to analyze network procedures and recommend improvements or alterations as required;
- Knowledge of the operating characteristics, capabilities and limitations of electronic computers and related equipment;
- Able to communicate effectively, both in oral and written format and able to prepare technical and non-technical reports;
- Able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff.
- Good knowledge of the functions, practices and procedures, bylaws, policies and regulations pertaining to the operations of the municipality;
- Ability to qualify for, and maintain, the required security clearance for the position. Failure on the part of the employee to satisfy this requirement will necessitate the removal of that employee from this position.
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's Licence;
- Advanced knowledge of local and wide area network technologies, standards and protocols, including the ability to design, configure and troubleshoot complex network routing;
- Advanced network knowledge with Cisco and Meraki appliances;
- System administration of servers, network and IP telephony technologies, primarily in areas of enterprise server services, enterprise storage, VOIP management, network switch management, network administration and backup;
- Current experience with managing and supporting virtualization technologies for servers;
- Considerable knowledge and hands-on working experience, with following technologies:
- Microsoft (Server, Exchange, Group Policy, RDS, DNS, Active Directory)
- Updates (Ivanti/Shavlik)
- Backups (Veeam, Dell EMC Avamar Data Protection)
- Storage (Dell EMC Data Domain, Dell Compellent Storage)
- VMWare (ESX, vCenter)
- Network Switching (Cisco)
- Voice (Cisco VoIP)
- Meraki (Firewall, Wi-Fi AP and MDM)
- Firewalls (Checkpoint, Palo Alto).
- Certification in one of more of the following is desirable: VMware VCA/VCP, CCNA or CCNP, MCSA or MCSE.
|Salary:||$45.40 (2021 rates)|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Closed:||2021-08-18 04:30 PM|