Your broswer appears to be running in Compatibility View. Please disable it for this website.
To disable Compatibility View, click the Compatibility View button beside the Address Bar, as highlighted by the yellow arrow in the above image.
2017-02 - Supervisor III - Parks (Full Time)
2017-02 - Supervisor III - Parks (Full Time)
|Title:||Supervisor III - Parks (Full Time)|
|Duties:||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation within the Operations Department through reliable performance of staff and parks projects supervision, and all parks related duties, observing and complying with municipal policies and safety practices.
The incumbent in this class is the first line working Supervisor, responsible for supervision of subordinates, works projects and equipment; planning, directing and coordinating the work of subordinates and projects; hiring, training and disciplining staff in accordance with established policies/practices; assigning work of subordinates ensuring acceptable standard of completion; assessing the performance of personnel and equipment under his supervision and preparing written reports on personnel and equipment. During prolonged absences of the Superintendent of Public Works/Parks the incumbent may be required to act in this capacity.
The incumbent shall be responsible for equipment and materials assigned to him; monitoring contractors; coordinating with sports user groups; planning the work to ensure that site conditions are adequately shown on plans and specifications with work carried out within the time allocated; organizing the labour, materials and equipment to ensure they are available at the time and location required; maintaining control of work orders and expenditures, reporting circumstances of deviation from plans, maintaining a daily record of production quantities, changes in design and increases in the scope of work; ensuring that all acceptable and reasonable safety measures are taken to protect personnel, equipment, material and public from injury of damage. The incumbent will be responsible for the construction and maintenance of all parks facilities and equipment in accordance with good construction and maintenance standards and practices. The incumbent will be required to perform other related tasks as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Superintendent of Public Works/Parks.
|Education:||- Must have completed grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the Parks construction and maintenance field with 2 years of previous experience in a in a supervisory role, augmented with formal training in effective supervision - OR - the equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Must have superior knowledge in the principles, practices, procedures and methods used in horticulture, turf , trails, parks and public open space operation and maintenance.
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's Licence.
|Skills:||- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Proficient knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relating to the departments operations.
- Proficient knowledge of rules, regulations and other legislation as it relates to parks maintenance, and/or turf grass and/or horticultural disciplines and public safety in and around municipal trails, parks and other public open spaces.
- Able to recognize and rectify and/or report upon actual and potential safety hazards;
- Superior knowledge of the use and capabilities of the various types of equipment used in the construction and maintenance of park facilities;
- Able to read and understand technical drawings;
- Able to estimate time, labour, material and equipment requirements for construction and maintenance work;
- Able to establish and maintain effective work schedules and prepare progress reports;
- Able to maintain records, logs, and prepare and present reports both orally and in written format;
- Able to plan, train, direct and coordinate the work of subordinates and supervise the work of semi-skilled and skilled workers;
- Able to exhibit courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials, users and other members of staff.
|Salary:||$30.12 to $35.43 (2017 rates)|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Closed:||2017-01-11 04:30 PM|