Your broswer appears to be running in Compatibility View. Please disable it for this website.
To disable Compatibility View, click the Compatibility View button beside the Address Bar, as highlighted by the yellow arrow in the above image.
2016-70 - Programmer Analyst
2016-70 - Programmer Analyst
|Duties:||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation with the Information Technology Department through reliable performance in the development and preparation of computer programs and related functions, observing and complying with municipal policies and ensuring the safety and security of confidential material/matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
The incumbent in this class will be responsible for all facets of electronic computer programming, translating details of system diagrams and program descriptions into program of instruction; testing the program for all known possibilities; correcting mistakes and routines; checking and analyzing program details with the intent of refining procedures and reducing computer operating time; correcting program errors; studying new innovations in programming techniques and keeping informed of advances of computer technology and equipment; assisting in systems modifications and in the design of new systems; operating the computer as required.
The incumbent will also be responsible for performing a wide range of associated functions and providing assistance to other functions of the municipal operation as directed by the Deputy Manager of Information Technology and Communications. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Deputy Manager of Information Technology.
|Education:||- Must be a graduate of a recognized Institute of Technology in the two-year Computer Sciences technology, plus a minimum of 4 years of related experience;
- Good knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of municipal accounting operations;
- Superior knowledge of the applicable coding and software necessary for programming instructions for electronic computers and related equipment;
- Superior knowledge of the operating characteristics, capabilities and limitations of electronic computers and related equipment;
- Good knowledge of the functions, practices and procedures, bylaws, policies and regulations pertaining to the operations of the municipality;
|Skills:||- Able to analyze accounting procedures and recommend improvements for programming purposes, alterations as required;
- Able to control and balance ledgers and accounts and related documents as applicable to computer programming and operations;
- Able to block diagram, detail flow charting, card and form design as related to all facets in the computer field;
- Able to communicate effectively, both in oral and written format and able to prepare technical and non-technical reports;
- Able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff.
|Salary:||$35.05 to $41.24 per hour (2016 rates)|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Closed:||2016-09-02 04:30 PM|