Your broswer appears to be running in Compatibility View. Please disable it for this website.
To disable Compatibility View, click the Compatibility View button beside the Address Bar, as highlighted by the yellow arrow in the above image.
2013-27 - Co-op Student
2013-27 - Co-op Student
|Duties:||The incumbent in this class will assist management to achieve an efficient operation in the Department through reliable performance assigned duties, and ensure safety and security of confidential matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
The incumbent in this class will undertake special projects and tasks not normally performed by Bargaining Unit employees, and exercise a high degree of independent judgement requiring a high level of skill and work complexity related to a specific project. The incumbent in this class will perform a variety of duties in various departments within the organization and function at various degrees of complexity and responsibility as they relate to the specific project assigned. The incumbent will assume leadership responsibilities for assigned projects, and assist, as required, in answering incoming telephone calls, referring enquiries, complaints, etc., to the appropriate office for action and provide a variety of technical and general information and assistance to the public over the telephone or at the counter. The incumbent will perform other related tasks as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision, and performance is subject to review, inspection, and evaluation by the Director of the Department.
|Education:||- Must be enrolled in the Co-operative Education Program at a recognized post-secondary institution and have met the specific entrance criteria for that program.
- Basic knowledge of the functions, methods, rules, procedures, bylaws, regulations and policies pertaining to Municipal Government;
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation;
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures;
|Skills:||- Able to perform special assignments with minimal supervision;
- Able to operate a variety of standard office equipment including the word processing equipment;
- Able to be polite, courteous and tactful in dealing with the public and be neat in appearance;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials, department heads and other members of the staff;
- Able to process a variety of calls, complaints and enquiries authoritatively and arrange appointments/meetings as required;
- Able to process a variety of confidential material with discretion and integrity.
|Salary:||$20.27 to $23.85 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Temporary Full Time|
|Closed:||2013-04-09 04:30 PM|