Your broswer appears to be running in Compatibility View. Please disable it for this website.
To disable Compatibility View, click the Compatibility View button beside the Address Bar, as highlighted by the yellow arrow in the above image.
2015-40 - Planning Clerk
2015-40 - Planning Clerk
|Department:||Planning and Strategic Initiatives|
|Duties:||The incumbent will be responsible for the public records and procedures concerning Zoning Bylaw and Official Community Plan Bylaw amendments and Permit applications for the City's operation. Duties and responsibilities will vary in degree of responsibility and complexity, requiring the incumbent to exercise judgment and common sense. The incumbent will perform a variety of typing, filing, clerical and receptionist duties, varying in degrees of responsibility and complexity; typing a variety of correspondence/material from copies, drafts, rough notes, or general instructions; preparing agendas, taking and finalizing minutes; processing and issuing permits; compiling records and statistics; filing and maintaining department records; ensuring accuracy of information and procedures. The incumbent will provide assistance and a variety of technical and general information to the public via telephone, email or in person regarding applications for, notices of, and advisement of decisions with respect to a variety of planning and land development matters processed by Development Planning. The incumbent will assist, as required, in responding to enquiries, complaints, etc. and refer matters to the appropriate office for action.
The incumbent will be required to perform other related tasks as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Manager of Development Planning.
|Education:||Must have a minimum of grade 12 education, supplemented by commercial courses - OR - an acceptable combination of training and experience;|
|Skills:||- Superior knowledge of the functions, methods, rules, procedures and regulations governing appropriate department activities;
- Sound knowledge of Municipal business practices and procedures;
- Sound knowledge of the bylaws and policies pertaining to planning and land development;
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation;
- Sound knowledge of the use of personal computers and office software and ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment;
- Able to work independently, exercising sound judgment and common sense;
- Able to authoritatively process a variety of calls, complaints and enquiries and provide information and assistance to the public on procedural, regulatory and related matters accurately and completely;
- Able to be polite, courteous and tactful in dealing with the public and be neat in appearance;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with elected and department officials and other members of staff;
- Able to type accurately and rapidly.
|Salary:||$21.94-$25.82/ per hour (2015 rate)|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Closed:||2015-07-14 04:30 PM|